With that I decided to bite the bullet and pick up one from my FLGS. I have to say I'm very impressed with it out of the box. It's one big piece of plastic and it feels very sturdy. Now comes the part where I actually have to paint it. Which required a trip to Lowes for some base coat paint. I picked up a can of Rust-Oleum Multicolor Textured. I picked the lighter brown available because I thought it looked the closest to dirt. I also liked that it gave it some texture as I wasn't sure if I wanted to flock the hill or not. So with a quick spray, a quick dry brushing of Ash Grey on the rocks and some flocking I was done. As I'm writing this I kind of wish I took pictures of the process, but not counting the drying of the spray paint, it took less than an hour to do completely. I'm really happy with the results:
I think next time I probably won't flock it and do a bit more dry brushing on the rocks. But being this is my first time trying to tackle decent looking terrain I think I did all right. Oh and if you look you can see I've actually started my Deathwing Knights as well!
Anyway I've put in an order for another hill and can't wait till it gets in. Then I'll be pretty much done gathering terrain as I've got 3 ruins, 2 GW forests that my friend painted up rather nicely (you can see them in my battle report here), and with the order, 2 hills. Plus a few other things like sandbags/barbed wire and some fabric for area terrain.
Next up for my terrain is my Sanctum Imperialis. Though that might not be tackled till summer!
Post a Comment